USD 450 Employee Benefits Information:
Employees can choose from three health care plans. To see a one page comparison of the three plans click on this link: USD 450 Health Insurance Plan Comparison at a Glance
For help in understanding the medical plans below and the medical terms used in these plans, we highly recommend reading this document: Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
For more in depth information on the three health care plans click on the plans below:
- KE 12 High Deductible Plan
- KE 10 Comprehensive Major Medical Plan
- KE 7 Comprehensive Major Medical Plan
Preventive Services are covered 100% under the Affordable Care Act. The following flyer contains a list of preventive services that are covered: BCBS Preventive Services
NEW TELEHEALTH SERVICE AVAILABLE: Visit a doctor online 24/7/365 and it will be billed through your BCBS insurance. For more info and directions on how to register: BCBS Telehealth through Amwell
- For more information on the three vision care plans click on the link below:
- For more information on the dental care plan click on the link below:
- If you choose the KE12 High Deductibe Health Care plan you may be eligible to have a Health Savings Account (HSA). Click on this link to help determine if you are eligible to have a HSA: HSA Eligibility Matrix
- HSA maximum annual contributions are:
- Self Only = $3400 per year
- Family = $6750 per year
- Age 55+ = $1000 extra allowed per year for self or family
- Click here to see Frequently Asked Questions about HSA’s: FAQ’s about HSA’s
- Here is the link to log into your HSA Account: http://www.afhsa.com
- Employees are eligible to have Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts. For more info on these accounts go to the American Fidelity websites: Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA
Flex Spending Account Holder Information
- Log into your account at https://af.americanfidelity.com/online-services.aspx#
- The calendar year for Flexible Spending Accounts is Oct. 1 to Sept 30.
- If you have money left in the Flexible Spending Account on Sept 30, up to $500 will automatically roll over to the next years Flex Account. Any money over $500 left in the account at the end of the calendar year will be lost.
- If you roll over money to a new year then you still can only have a total of $2600 max in the flex account. In other words you cannot roll over money and then add $2600 of new money to the account. You have to subtract the rollover amount from $2600 and that is your maximum new election amount.
- You cannot use your Flex Spending Debit Card to spend down rollover money. You will have to submit receipts to American Fidelity to spend down rollover money.
- You have up to 90 days after Sept 30 to turn in any receipts from the previous calendar years.
- In general you cannot change your medical insurance mid year. In order to be eligible to change your medical insurance you must experience a Qualifying Life Event. (Example: getting married, having a baby, or a spouses open enrollment.) For a full list of Qualifying Life Events refer to this document: Qualifying_Event_Matrix.pdf
- If you experience a Qualifying Life Event, you have 30 days from the date of the event to make changes to your medical insurance.
- American Fidelity Assurance Company offers supplemental insurance that can help protect you and your family. Plan benefits are paid directly to you and we offer payroll-deduction of premiums. Eligible employees can choose from: Disability Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Permanent, Portable Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance.
- For more information: https://af.americanfidelity.com/usd450shawneeheights or contact Steve Schwartz at 785-232-8100.
- The links below have information about your current prescription drug coverage with Shawnee Heights USD 450 and about your options under Medicare’s prescription drug coverage. This information can help you decide whether or not you want to join a Medicare drug plan:
- Paid Health Insurance
- Salary Reduction Plan
- Salary Credit for Previous Experience
- Sick, Personal and Bereavement Leave
- Workers Compensation
- KPERS (Insurance, Disability, Retirement)
- InService Programs and Professional Leave
- Early Retirement Program
- Paid Curriculum Committees
- New Teacher Academy
- Mentor Teacher Program