As the Shawnee Heights USD 450 Schools moves through the journey of recovering from COVID-19 crisis response and returning to a more normal state of operation, we are committed to:
- Providing quality continuous learning opportunities for students during this period of uncertainty. This includes excellence in academic, social-emotional support, and student nutrition.
- Safety and well-being of all district employees and students.
This plan aims to safeguard students, staff, and the community from the threat posed by COVID-19 by:
- Preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the community and on school campuses.
- Participating and contributing actively as a partner with all state, county, and local educational and public health partners.
- Minimizing the impact of disruptions to the delivery of instructional and related services.
- Communicating regularly with all stakeholders on issues that could impact individual school or overall district operations.
Our work will continue to be guided by the district’s mission to provide a quality education that ensures academic achievement for all students and develops caring, productive, and responsible citizens. This will be achieved through:
- Diverse academic opportunities
- Staff committed to continuous improvement
- Students, family and community involvement
- Safe Schools
COVID-19 VACCINE CLINICS
- CDC Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens
- Children’s Mercy Hospital COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs
- CDC Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Talking with Children and Adolescents About COVID-19