As the Shawnee Heights USD 450 Schools moves through the journey of recovering from COVID-19 crisis response and returning to a more normal state of operation, we are committed to:
- Providing quality continuous learning opportunities for students during this period of uncertainty. This includes excellence in academic, social-emotional support, and student nutrition.
- Safety and well-being of all district employees and students.
This plan aims to safeguard students, staff, and the community from the threat posed by COVID-19 by:
- Preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the community and on school campuses.
- Participating and contributing actively as a partner with all state, county, and local educational and public health partners.
- Minimizing the impact of disruptions to the delivery of instructional and related services.
- Communicating regularly with all stakeholders on issues that could impact individual school or overall district operations.
Our work will continue to be guided by the district’s mission to provide a quality education that ensures academic achievement for all students and develops caring, productive, and responsible citizens. This will be achieved through:
- Diverse academic opportunities
- Staff committed to continuous improvement
- Students, family and community involvement
- Safe Schools
What does Hybrid Learning mean?
During Scenario 2- Hybrid Learning students will be divided into 2 groups to follow social distancing guidelines. Group 1 will attend in-person Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday being remote days. Group 2 will attend in-person Thursday and Friday with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday being remote days. See more details about our Hybrid Learning Model at: https://www.usd450.net/files/District/Hybrid_Learning_Description.pdf
What does Remote Learning look like?
Remote Learning is a Scenario that we have prepared for as a district and it is also a choice that families have to opt into. Each day, students will participate in a video conference call with a teacher. SeeSaw will be used for grades Pre-k through 5th grade and Canvas will be used for grades 6th-12th grade. These tools will be key communication platforms for students to access homework and turn in assignments. See more details about our Remote Learning Model at: https://www.usd450.net/files/District/Remote_Learning_Description.pdf