2018 Graduating Seniors End of Year Information
dates to remember, dates to remember, dates to remember
Dates to Remember
|May 5, 2018||7:00pm - 11:00pm||Prom||Capitol Plaza Hotel - Emerald Ball|
|May 5, 2018||11:00pm - 3:00am||Post Prom|
|May 9, 2018||7:00pm||Senior Awards Night||Auditorium|
|May 17, 2018||10:30am||Senior iPad Check-In||South Gym|
|11:00am||Graduation Practice||South Gym|
|12:00pm||Senior Luncheon||South Commons|
|1:15pm||Yearbook Signing Party||South Gym|
|May 19, 2018||2:00pm||
|May 20, 2018||1:00pm||Graduation||KS ExpoCentre|
Students are reminded that all Shawnee Heights High School Student Code of Conduct policy, practice and procedures are in place during the prom. You are also reminded there is a dress code for prom. Shawnee Heights High School students who would like to invite a prom guest who does not attend SHHS will need to sign up in the office and complete an outside date form. All students and guests attending the prom are required to present a photo ID.
Senior Awards Night
This ceremony is to honor students for outstanding academic achievement or for other special award recognition.
This ceremony is a faith-based recognition of graduates and their families. Participation is voluntary. Graduates wear their gowns and stoles to this event.
Graduation Practice/Senior Luncheon
The only required items for students to participate in graduation are a cap (with tassel) & gown and a stole. You may borrow a gown from a Shawnee Heights graduate, just be sure it fits. You will still need to purchase a cap & tassel and stole as these items are year specific.
Caps & gowns will be distributed at graduation practice on May 17th.
All Seniors will have lunch provided just prior to the Yearbook Signing Party.
Yearbook Signing Party
Seniors will receive their yearbooks and have an opportunity to have them signed by fellow students.
- A dress shirt, slacks, ties and other semi-formal attire is appropriate. Please do not wear t-shirts, shorts, flip-flops, tennis shoes, etc.
- Do no attempt to iron your gown; it WILL melt.
- Tassels should hang over the right temple.
- The cap should fit on the head so it is parallel to the ground (Females may need bobby pins to keep in place).
- Do not put cap on the back of your head so that it is pointing up.
- Girls wear their cap during the entire ceremony.
- Boys remove their cap during the National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance & Alma Mater.
- Caps are not worn during Baccalaureate service.
- At the graduation ceremony, seniors will be given empty covers as they walk across the stage. The actual diplomas are given out AFTER the ceremony.
- You will receive the ONLY copy of your diploma, please keep it in a safe place. The school does not keep copies of diplomas.
- Spectators will not be permitted on the floor to take pictures.
- The Expocentre does not permit the use of tripods in the arena.
- GradImages will take a picture of graduates as they receive their diploma. Each graduate will be mailed and/or emailed a proof image with ordering information.
- All seating is on a first-come, first serve basis. Please do not reserve seats.
- Handicap seating will be available on the ground floor. Please use the southeast door to enter the arena.