Dates to Remember
Students are reminded that all Shawnee Heights High School Student Code of Conduct policy, practice and procedures are in place during the prom.
|May 4, 2019
||7:00 - 11:00 PM
||Capitol Plaza Hotel
|11:00 PM - 3:00 AM
|May 8, 2019
|May 16, 2019
||Senior iPad Check-In
||SH South Gym
||SH South Gym
||SH South Commons
||Yearbook Signing Party
||SH South Gym
|May 18, 2019
|May 19, 2019
Students are reminded that all Shawnee Heights High School student Code of Conduct policy, practice and procedures are in place during the prom. You are also reminded there is a dress code for prom. Shawnee Heights High School students who would like to invite a prom guest who does not attend SHHS will need to sign up in the office and complete an outside date form. All students and guests attending the prom are required to present a photo ID and their pre-purchased ticket. Tickets are available in the HS Bookkeeping Office for $25 per person.
This evening is to honor students who are receiving local scholarships through the Shawnee Heights Schools Foundation or other special award recognition. Attendance is by invitation only.
This ceremony is a faith-based recognition of graduates and their families. Participation is voluntary. Graduates wear their gowns and stoles to this event. Graduation Caps are not worn.
Graduation Practice/Senior Luncheon
The only required items for students to participate in graduation are a cap (with tassel) & gown and a stole. You may borrow a gown from a recent Shawnee Heights graduate, just be sure it fits. You will still need to purchase a cap & tassel and stole as these items are year specific.
Caps & gowns will be distributed at graduation practice on May 16.
Seniors will have lunch provided just prior to the Yearbook Signing Party.
Yearbook Signing Party
Seniors will receive their yearbooks and have an opportunity to have them signed by fellow students.
- A dress shirt, slacks, ties and other semi-formal attire is appropriate. Please do not wear t-shirts, shorts, flip-flops, tennis shoes, etc.
- Do no attempt to iron your gown; it WILL melt.
- Tassels should hang over the right temple.
- The cap should fit on the head so it is parallel to the ground (Females may need bobby pins to keep in place).
- Do not put cap on the back of your head so that it is pointing up.
- Girls wear their cap during the entire ceremony.
- Boys remove their cap during the National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance & Alma Mater.
- Caps are not worn during Baccalaureate service.
- At the graduation ceremony, seniors will be given empty covers as they walk across the stage. The actual diplomas are given out AFTER the ceremony.
- You will receive the ONLY copy of your diploma, please keep it in a safe place. The school does not keep copies of diplomas.
- Spectators will not be permitted on the floor to take pictures.
- The ExpoCentre does not permit the use of tripods in the arena.
- GradImages will take a picture of graduates as they receive their diploma. Each graduate will be mailed and/or emailed a proof image with ordering information.
- All spectator seating is on a first-come, first serve basis. Please do not reserve seats.
- Handicap seating will be available on the ground floor. Please use the southeast door to enter the arena.